FL Studio 12 Installieren (engl.)

• Hier die Image Line Anleitung (demn. in Deu.)

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/app_update.htm

Update, upgrade, reinstall or uninstall FL Studio & plugins

This section covers:

Easy installation or update
    This is how to do it...

• Download the installer - This page hosts the latest 'released' versions. The FL Studio installer includes most plugins in native format, so no need to download them all.
    • Unlock your product/s, there are two ways you can do this:

• Online computer - Use the 'About panel' registration system. Enter your Image-Line account email and password and click Unlock products. This will unlock all your products, not just FL Studio.
      • Offline computer - From a computer with internet access, log into your Image-Line account. Click where it says 'Click here to unlock this product' and save the RegKey to a memory stick. Copy this to your FL Studio computer and THEN Double click it OR Right-click it and select 'Merge'. Accept all warnings and allow the key to be written into your registry. NOTE: You can save this RegKey and use it with any PC you own, all that we ask is that you are the only user of FL Studio.

Zitat

Box installation update
    If you have not registered your Boxed software and created an Image-Line Account, please complete the following steps:

• Visit the Box registration page.
    • Enter your serial number (found inside the box) and follow the instructions to create an Account.
    • Once your Account is created, follow the steps as shown for 'Easy installation or update' above. Registration also means you do not need to worry about losing your FL Studio Box code. You can unlock FL Studio from your account at any time, anywhere.

NOTE: Box customers (FL Studio 9 and below) are entitled to 1 free update that raises FL Studio 1 major revision number, i.e. 8 to 9 or 9 to 10, depending on your current version. You get all the minor revisions for that version for free also. If your update entitles you to a FL Studio version number less than the current version then you can find the installer for the version you are entitled to in your account page. Lifetime Free Updates are available from our shop (It's inexpensive, we're not greedy and want you on board). Starting from FL Studio 10 the box includes Lifetime Free Updates.
    If you still have questions or are just obsessively detail oriented then read on...
    Installation & Update FAQ

• Where do I get the installation file? - From your Account page OR the Image-Line downloads page. See the section above Easy installation or update above for more details.
    • Do FL Studio Fruity, Producer or Signature Bundle have different installers? - No, a single Demo Installer is used for all versions. The FLRegkey.Reg you install decides what features are unlocked and so what version and plugins you have. However some plugins do need separate installers (DirectWave sound libraries and Slayer 2).
    • Where do I get my registration code/file? - Click here or from your Account page. See the section Easy installation or update above for more details.
    • Do I need my old installation files or CD? - No. The latest installers are all you need. The FLRegkey.Reg downloadable from your Account will unlock it, once installed.
    • Can I install more than one version of FL Studio? - Yes. Major revisions (i.e. 11 to 12) automatically install into a separate folders so you can have parallel installations. For minor revisions (i.e. 12.1 to 12.2) you need to manually set the installer to a different folder, otherwise 11.1 will be overwritten with 11.2. See the Parallel installations section below.
    • Do I need more than one registration code? - No. One registration code (FLRegkey.Reg file) will work with all existing FL Studio installations, purchased plugins and sample packs. You will usually need to download and install a new regcode when you are installing a major revision (a good habit).
    • Can I install FL Studio over an existing installation? - Yes. You can manually set the installer to any existing FL Studio folder. Make sure to select the reset settings option on the installer or do this manually after the installation.

• Minor revisions: i.e 12.0 to 12.2 are, by default, installed into the same installation folder: '..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'
      • Major revisions: If you want to install FL12 over FL11 (for example), simply rename the '..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11' folder to '..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12' prior to running the installer. Then make sure the installer is pointing to the FL Studio 12 installation folder during the install. This method will retain all the files you may have scattered among the FL Studio installation folder (see the question below).

• Will I lose my data installing FL Studio over an existing installation? - No (with some exceptions). If you are installing a minor revision, i.e 12.0 to 12.2 or forcing the installer to use an existing install location, the installer will only overwrite FL Studio files. Anything that you have created and saved into the installation folder will be left untouched, for example, projects, downloads and samples. The only exception is if you have modified original FL Studio installation files, then these may be reset. See the 'Default file locations' section below for more details. We recommend you keep your own files outside the FL Studio installation folder.
    • Can I install FL Studio onto more than one computer? - Yes. We are reasonable chaps here at Image-Line and realize many people use more than one PC. Typically people have a home studio PC, a laptop and a work PC. It would be reasonable for you to install FL Studio onto each of these PC's, provided you are the only user of the program. It's not acceptable for you to install FL Studio on a PC where people can use it when you are not present. And all this without encryption 'dongles' how cool is that? :)
    • Can I move or copy an FL Studio installation from one PC to another? Yes. For tips on copying FL Studio installations between PC's see the section below 'Foolproof Update or PC Relocation'.
    • How do I completely remove FL Studio and my registration keys from a PC? - Follow the 'Uninstalling FL Studio and plugins' instructions.

Account Login or Registration Problems?
    If you have been through the above steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your Account page or reg.key please -

Copying or migrating an existing FL Studio installation
    This section has been provided to help users manage multiple installations and to locate data and files that fail to make the leap across to a new installation. Generally it isn't necessary to be rummaging around in the bowels of the installation folder during an update.
    Major vs Minor revisions, Install Locations

• Minor revisions - FL Studio 12.0 to 12.1 for example. The FL Studio installer will copy the new installation files into the existing FL Studio folder (..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12), unless you set it to install elsewhere. The installer only overwrites FL Studio program files, any files you have created that have been saved in the installation folder will be left untouched. The installer does not delete anything.
    • Major revisions - FL Studio 11 to 12 for example. Each major revision is installed into a unique folder ..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11 vs ..:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 12. Each installation also has unique registry setup/preferences-data. There is no risk that you will lose your FL11 data updating to FL12, so long as you don't delete the FL Studio 11 installation folder before recovering any personal data (see below).

Parallel Installations
    It is possible to have parallel installations of various major and/or minor revisions of FL Studio. This will allow you to trial a beta or update to a new version, without losing your current FL Studio installation. For parallel minor revisions simply name the installation folder, during the installer dialog process, to something other than the default (i.e. from FL12 to FL12_New). Major revisions install in parallel by default (i.e. FL11 to FL12). Some points to remember:

• Setup options - Parallel minor revision installations share the same setup options while major revisions can have independent setup options to the previous version.
    • Program shortcut - In the case of Parallel minor revisions, you will have to manually re-create a shortcut to the FL.exe (file that runs the program) for the older version after the new parallel update is installed.

Foolproof Update or Relocation
    Well nothing is 'foolproof' really but here's the simplest method of making a FL Studio update or copying FL Studio between PCs and retaining all your files.

• Copying an existing installation on a single PC -
    • Download and install the latest FLRegkey.Reg file.
    • Run the original FL Studio and open the F10 > File settings and write down the 'Browser extra search folders' and 'VST plugins extra search folder' locations.
    • Copy the original FL Studio installation folder to a new folder i.e. '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11' copied to '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'. You can do this by:

• Right-clicking the FL Studio 11 desktop icon and selecting 'Properties' > 'Open file location'. This will open a browser at the FL Studio 11 install, probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 11. In the file browser go up a level to C:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line.
      • Right click the FL Studio 11 folder and select 'Copy' then right-click on an empty white area below the folder list and select 'Paste'. This will copy the 'FL Studio 11' folder to 'FL Studio 11 (copy)'. Rename that folder to 'FL Studio 12' ready for the next step.

• Run the new installer. Set the FL Studio installer to install into the copy folder i.e. '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'.
    • Run the new FL Studio and set the F12 > File settings to the same locations as the previous installation (see notes from step 2).
    • Make sure the FL Studio desktop icon is pointing to the correct (new) installation. Right-click the FL Studio icon and select 'Properties > Open file location' then verify the location is correct.
    • Optional: Once you are sure the new installation is running correctly you can delete the old FL Studio installation folder, but don't empty your trash-bin until you are sure the new one is still working.
    • Copying an installation to a new PC -
    • Download and install the latest FLRegkey.Reg on the new PC.
    • Run the original FL Studio on the old PC and open the F10 > File settings and note the 'Browser extra search folders' and 'VST plugins extra search folder'.
    • Copy any data folders that are being used in step 2 from the old PC to the new PC and take note of where you put them. It's a new PC, so why not take some time to create a nice tidy directory structure to store all your FL Studio related files.
    • Copy the original FL Studio installation folder to the new PC's 'Program Files' folder i.e. Old PC '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12' copied to New PC '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'.
      NOTE: If you are moving from 32 Bit to 64 Bit Windows, copy the original FL Studio folder to '..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'. Windows 64 Bit has two Program Files folders, one for 32 Bit programs 'Program Files (x86)' and one for 64 Bit programs 'Program Files'. ON 64 Bit systems, we install both 32 and 64 Bit versions of FL Studio to Program Files (x86).
    • Run the FL Studio installer on the new PC. Set the FL Studio installer to install into the copy folder i.e. '..:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 12'.
    • Open FL Studio and set the F10 > File settings to the locations noted in step 3.
    • Optional - Delete all FL Studio installation folders (32 bit OS - '.:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio' or 64 bit OS - '.:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio') from the PC and then remove your regkey, see 'Uninstalling FL Studio & Plugins' below.

If the steps above look complicated here are the principles. 1. FL Studio installation folders can be copied. 2. You can install over an existing installation without losing your own data (there are minor exceptions where you have customized FL Studio system files). 3. FL Studio installations may include data that you have saved while using the program. Copying an installation and installing a new version of FL Studio over it will bring your data into the new installation.4. FL Studio projects may use external folders set in the F10 File Settings page. These include 'Browser extra search folders' and 'VST plugins extra search folder'. The data in these folders needs to be accessible to a new installation for your projects to open correctly.
    Uninstalling FL Studio & Plugins
    You can de-register FL Studio (and plugins) on your old PC/s by:

• Download the file and follow the instructions here in the Knowledgebase to remove your registry keys.
    • Delete the ..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line folder.

Default File Locations
    FL Studio looks inside its own installation path ..:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio N (where N = the FL Studio version number) and in any extra search folders you have set for data files. If you open the new installation and your data appears to be missing there are a number of things to do. The following is provided to help you recover your data and move it to your own file locations where it can be backed up and shared between major revisions of FL Studio.

• Extra search folders - Ensure that any Browser extra search folders are the same in the old and new installation (F10 > File).
    • VST plugins extra search folder - Ensure that the VST extra search folder is the same in each installation (if used).
    • Samples, project & other program files - The simplest method is to add the previous FL Studio installation folder ..:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio N-1 as a Browser extra search folder in the new installation. If your data files reappear, then you know they are in the old installation folder. If so, take some time to recover all your files and move them to your own directories. Your data files may be in the following locations:

• ..\Users\[your computer account]\Documents\Image-Line\Data - This is the 'Shared data folder' for downloads.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\Plugin database - Check here if you have set up your own database.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\Recorded - The default location for audio recordings and Mixer track freezing.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\Rendered - Location for rendered audio.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\Sliced beats - The default location for Slicex and Edison sliced and 'dragged' samples.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\User - User related files.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Projects - Project files (.flp / .zip).
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Scores - Score files you may have changed.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Speech - Speech files you many have created.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\System\Plugin databases - Plugin database (full), (simple) and (user) save the locations of all your plugins and favorite plugins respectively. Just back up the Plugin databases folder and its contents.
      • ..\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\System\Config\Mapping\Generic - These are your Permanent Global Link data files. It contains your custom controller to GUI and Plugin interface links. Copying the contents of this folder between installs means your controller/s and plugins should be set up correctly.

• Downloader files - Data downloaded using the Content Library will be in one of two locations:

• FL Studio 8 and lower - Unless the Downloader was set to another location, most files will be in ..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\Shared\Data. One exception, FPC files will be downloaded to ..:\Program Files (x86)\Image-Line\FL Studio\Data\Patches\Plugin presets & Packs directories.
      • FL Studio 9 and higher - Unless the Downloader was set to another location, all files should be in ..:\Users\(user profile)\Documents\Image-Line (or different depending on the Windows version) and should be already visible to the newer installation.

FL Studio Shop.de